Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default number of companies still making wood lathes

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 10:28:56 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 14:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

This tool place in Australia is still selling Woodfast labeled
lathes. They look a lot like Rikon lathes of course. I think we can
all agree Woodfast the Australian company is no more. Nothing
Woodfast is manufactured in Australia. But it seems like the

not sure what is manufactured down under anymore

i know automakers all pulled out of there

australia started seeing too many asians for their liking

australia seems to have a fear of mass migration and rightly so if
they want to not become a country of 500 million out of india china
indonesia etc

i think they still ship all the blue gum trees off whole hog and do not
even fetch a very good price

not sure what keeps them afloat i guess it must be their colonial status

Your response prompted me to look up Australia on Wikipedia. 25 million people. 26% immigrants/foreigners. 12th largest economy in the world. Says services, tourism, education, finance are 70% of GDP. Lots of natural resources. Iron, gold, coal, wool, wheat.