Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default Casio Wave Ceptor radio controlled watch, WR50M

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 07:52:21 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 3/17/18 4:01 AM, N_Cook wrote:
Survived a week, with no 2005 reset , no loss of LCD segment or anything
other than the manageable loss of button-A. The only change was cleaning
battery contacts and of course electronic repairman's conundrum - close
handling of the pcb, upsetting a bad solder-joint etc interpreted as
whatever else done at the time,interpreted as a* repair..

So, how much did this piece of crap cost new?
And how many hours did you waste "fixing" it?

Get up on the wrong side of the bed? I sometimes fix things because I
learn how they work by doing so. In this case, I also own a Casio
Wave Ceptor watch and really like it. It works well so I have never
opened it. However, I learned a lot from the OP fixing his. Thank you
to N_Cook for posting. So what if he could have purchased a new one
based on what you might charge for a few hours of repair time.