Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pimpom pimpom is offline

Default Need help for my project

On 3/17/2018 2:05 AM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/16/18 2:22 PM, wrote:
Whereas welding with a microwave is possible,

It works fairly well as a spot welder when you remove the high
voltage secondary and replace it with 6 turns of #6 AWG wire.

The key is having a settable and repeatable timing pulse to turn
the primary on and off. And the proper tips attached to the wire
for spot welding.

I have in the shop I put together a couple of years ago.

That's the transformer. There's plenty of information about using
a micro's power transformer for DIY welding. But the OP said "by
using microwave oven".

Maybe he meant the transformer. That's why I asked in another
post. Let's see if he comes back with a clarification.