Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Tektronix 565 repair

gregz wrote:
wrote:
Wait, it is blowing all three ? Hmm, that stickies up the wicket now.
That makes it more likely that you will have to go with the dual resistors in each place.

Much more likely, to the point where I wish I could edit the other post.
That is now the most likely.

It might be alright to go with higher wattage resistors, it still has a fuse.

In this case the only other possibility is the transformer is putting out
too much current and that, well, think you can win the lottery two weeks
consecutively in a row ? (playing only one number each time)

I forget the sequence, think one for the 420 volts went first, then later
after I replaced a carbon, that was off ohms, then it too has blown for the
100 volts section. Both upper 400uf caps replaced with 470s. I will be
changing the other 200 volt section shortly. Everything goes to resistors
except tubes. I can do process of elimination. They don't all blow out at
once. Usually just one, but another may go off tolerance. I'll do more
checking. The 106 voltage reading low with some kind of blip. I got some
bigger wirewounds and enough other metal oxides to turn 4 into one.

Greg

The original caps are still in machine just disconnect. I was only able to
get ESR check, and that seemed low of about .1

Greg