Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car gauges dip down after power-off.

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 18:56:28 UTC, Mike_Duffy wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:36:14 -0700 (PDT), Terry Schwartz wrote:

The dealer may have left you the impression that he paid the bill,
but they typically won't even start the repair until they have
approval for the repair work from the OEM.

A large percentage of claims are just like yours,
where the coverage is contested and the goodwill
is taken care of by the OEM.

They were not very explicit, and I was subject to the minor language
barrier of speaking to them in Quebec French.

Everything you say is consistent with what was related to me, except why
would they imply at first that I would have to pay for the repair if they
already had prior approval from Ford to cover it under warranty?

they wanted your money by any chance?

I balked at first when his computer told him that the $800+ repair was not
covered by warranty, and waited until he had cleared up the matter with the
service manager.