Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike_Duffy Mike_Duffy is offline

Default Car gauges dip down after power-off.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 02:14:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...] I don't need the radio and windows to work
after the key is off before a door is opened.

Yes, my car does this.

Also, when I said "If a door is open, that's about how long the interior
lights take to start dimming." is inaccurate. It should be:

If a door is opened, the interior lights turn on. If the door is
subsequently closed, there is a delay of several seconds until the lights
start to dim, eventually fading out.

And yesterday, the engine 'indicator' came on. I made a garage appointment
for this afternoon, during which I expect to spend time & money. The last
time the light came on was a major repair (cheap part, but lots of labour)
to something deep inside the engine that adjusted valve timing based on
load, etc.

The engine warranty was still in effect, but they tried to tell me that it
was not part of the engine despite being completely surrounded by engine. I
asked them to clarify this with management and they made a "squeaky wheel"
exception for me because I am such a loyal client. (I.e. all oil & tire
changes I always have done at the dealer.) Apparently, the garage paid the
bill, not Ford.