Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Tektronix 565 repair

wrote:
You might want to measure the capacitance of the first filters off the
rectifiers. Tolerance on lytics allow for much higher than rated values
and it can cause seriously higher (or longer duration) inrush current.

And 10 ohms seems a bit high. Are you sure that is the correct value ?
Sometime there are mistakes on the print or parts list.

Pretty sure they are 10 ohms. I have already replaced a couple caps with
slightly higher values. I don't have an easy way to measure high uf. The 3
main caps are 400 uf 250 volts. Two separate transformer windings.

Greg