Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Tektronix 565 repair

gregz wrote:
Been playing with this scope for some time. Original problem, blowing 10
ohm 2 watt surge resistors in supply. Replaced a couple caps so far, not
sure if they had problems. I can bring up on variac and run, no problems.
200 ma. Draw on each of 3 resistors. I still burn resistors on full power
up. Not sure if replacement resistors are suitable. Thinking now of upping
power from 2 watt types.

Greg

Today I was measuring voltage(I) across each of 3 resistors by quickly
flicking variac up. I expected a big spike, but not much to look at, or
blow a resistor.

Greg