Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Graham Graham is offline

Default number of companies still making wood lathes

On 2018-03-09 2:00 PM, wrote:
Vicmarc in Australia is still a going concern. Not sure if Woodfast is still a real Australian company or if it is now a Chinese company. It might be part of Jet/Powermatic/Rikon/HF/Grizzly now. Nova is also a separate lathe company. I think General International makes lathes. But they may be part of the Jet/Power/Rikon/HF/Woodfast/Grizzly mess too.

So my contribution is:
Vicmarc
Stubby (sort of, kind of, maybe they still exist)
Woodfast (maybe)
Nova
General International (maybe)

My understanding is that General International has gone belly-up. It
used to be the Taiwanese arm of General (a revered Canadian company). A
mainland Chinese guy took it over and had to relinquish any deals with
Taiwanese factories.
Graham