Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mikespo@live.com is offline

Default Need a button for Sony Cfd-s350

Greetings.....I've always been impressed at the depth of knowledge displayed within this group so this might be the right place to ask my question(s).

I own a portable cassette player....Sony Cfd-s350.....that is in need of a new "play" button. I was able to easily lift out the broken button. The Sony website has the replacement button (through a company named Encompass) for a mere $2.32, but the postage is more than 3 times the cost of the part.

Does anyone know of a source where I can obtain the button without being price-gouged on postage? Also, how easy or difficult is it to install the button? Will I be able to just pop it in or will I have to unscrew and disassemble anything on the unit?

Thanks in advance.