Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Old UIniversal Remote

wrote in message
If you remember back in the CTC195 days, how the remote was...

Well we got this old Toshiba, maybe a 32A32 ? Also a Direct TV remote
which is by RCA. I want to program it for the Toshiba just to work the
TV/VIDEO and menus, and I think maybe this will do it.

I searched and searched for the codes, and the method for setting it. I
would rather set it rather than search for the right code but I can't even
find the instructions for that.

Of course I don't expect an RCA OEM remote to program to other TVs, but a
Direct TV one should. Now at their site they have the new ones, which have
the instructions in the cable box apparently.

And there were universals sold at the stores shaped the same and didn't
come with an RCA TV. Should be the same TV codes no ?

Anyone remember how to work these beasts ?

We can get up to change sources and adjust the picture but the keys on the
set are dirty and being the resistive ladder type you press a button and
it does pretty much what it damn well pleases.

I have nearly a dozen URCs and I've yet to find anything they work.

The one I got from Poundland pretty much does anything.