Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Miter saw dust collection?

sawdustmaker writes:
Ok -- While we're on the subject. How do I actually collect dust from my
SCMS? Why bother with a bag -- there's more dust around my saw than there
is in the bag. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a good way to
collect dust other than enclose the entire back in a box with a hole for
the dust collector hose. Is there another way?

I have a cardboard box of the appropriate size mounted behind
the SCMS, with a standard sloped plastic dust plate (with 4"
outlet) mounted in the (graviational) bottom of the
box. The box is as wide as the saw stand and a bit
taller than the saw itself (12" dewalt). Seems to
work well.