Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] joseph@cypressfilms.com is offline

Default Sherwood RX-5502 Receiver Protection Shutdown, Repair, thoughts wanted...

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 6:02:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, 4 March 2018 20:02:22 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:37:04 PM UTC-5, T Wood wrote:
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...ug-134725-.htm
, T Wood wrote:
Thank you so much for the info. I found the 7812 that powered the amp to be
bad. A $2 radio shack part and a little time, and my RX-5502 is back up and
operational. Mine was shutting down exactly as you described and after
replacing the 7812, it has played music for over two hours and is still doing
great.

I have had the same problem with my RX-5502. Can you tell me what the $2 Radio Shack part is? I looked at the thread you quoted and did not see a reference to the part name or number. Thanks!

he told you, the 7812.

Ah, yes. Sorry, for some reason I got it into my head that he replaced it with something different (and better). And to John-Del's point, I have no intention of getting in over my head with this; I am just mad that a product I paid a fair amount of money for stopped working after 4 hours of use. If I can find someone local to fix it, I will. Otherwise I'll move on with my life.