Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_20_] Chuck[_20_] is offline

Default Name this knob

On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 04:32:36 -0600, wrote:

On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 13:32:56 -0600, Chuck wrote:

May God damn those who use Metrics.

God Bless America.

Thank God I'm a country boy!!!

I hope this is satirical.

---

"Okie From Muskogee" (Anti-metric edition)

We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee;
We don't take no trips on LSD
We don't burn no draft cards down on Main Street;
We like livin' right, and bein' free.

I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all

We don't make a party out of lovin';
We like holdin' hands and pitchin' woo;
We don't let our hair grow long and shaggy,
Like the hippies out in San Francisco do.

And I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball.
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all.

Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear;
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen.
Football's still the roughest thing on campus,
And the kids here still respect the college dean.

******
We dont use no commie metrics in Muskogee,
Our tape measures only read inches and feet.
Our prom queen is a perfect 38-24-36 inches,
We still spin 45rpm records to feel the beat.
*******

We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
In Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA.

It is interesting that you mentioned "Okie From Muskogee".
I have been stuck in this backward state for 29 years because my
former wife took a job here. Now I'm divorced and moving back north
in 3 weeks. The state should have a new motto such as " land of" 4
day school weeks or pederast bible thumper politicians or deep well
injection induced earthquakes. It will be nice living in a state that
has the best health care and is no. 1 in quality of life. By the
way, Merle was hip and wrote this song as satire. You might want to
check out Merle's favorite singer Iris DeMent if you still don't get
it.

---