Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Name this knob

On 3/4/18 12:29 PM, wrote:
Oh, I dunno - anyone smitten with a system based on the width
of the (Roman) emperor's thumb some several thousand years ago
deserves pity.

Until they make an ass of themselves over it.

All and at the same time, the last time I saw Merle in concert
(as an opener for Leo Kottke of all things!) he was a tired old
man with neither vinegar nor **** remaining, and not much of his
voice. It was a small room, and entirely unamplified.

Merle has been the embodiment of the mentality that voted for
Trump. Typically, the ability to be outraged and threatened by any
change.

So, think on it! This AMERICAN is advocating:
Arabic numerals.
Roman letters.
An emperor's thumb.

Not very bright.

Dumber than a box of rocks.

All measurements are arbitrary.
They were and are all born out a requirement of repeat-ability.
To prove that, I built a set of cabinets using just a stick that I
put pencil marks on. "This part has to be this wide/long etc."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0