Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike_Duffy Mike_Duffy is offline

Default Old UIniversal Remote

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 15:52:52 -0500, Mike_Duffy wrote:

On Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:07:32 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I've got an old "learning" remote that can capture snippets of the IR
signal from any remote which can then be replayed later. I bought it before
availability of the 'universal' remotes which are pre-programmed with all
vendors codes. I think I still have it in a box in the basement somewhere.

If your smartphone has the IR transducer hardware, you can easily find an
app to turn your smartphone into a 'learning' remote.