Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Do they sell a gauge to measure Coaxial Power Connectors?

On 02/27/2018 12:29 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:06:20 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

I have a couple of Mitutoyo ones that work great and weren't expensive.
Chinese ones are good for scribing circles on copper or aluminum and
other such jobs that might hurt the good Japanese ones.
Phil Hobbs

Are you sure that your Mitutoyo calipers are not a counterfeit?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mitutoyo+caliper+fake
I gambled and bought a Mitutoyo Digimatic 500-196-20 for $35. It was
a fake. After cleaning out the shavings from the guts, removing the
burrs, and squaring the jaws so that they were parallel, I did
something that blew up the electronics. Sorry, no photos.

Well, I bought them some years back from an actual Mitu distributor, so
I'm pretty sure they're real. No swarf, no detectable parallellism
error, no noticeable offset between depth gauge and ID/OD blades, good
battery life, nice case.

My cheap 'n' cheerful Chinese ones are actually quite OK as well.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs