Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default A guide to fuse replacement

On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 2:46:14 PM UTC-5, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 1/03/2018 4:33 AM, John-Del wrote:
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 11:27:10 AM UTC-5, bitrex wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/aMsBA

Many moons ago I had a guy bring in a stereo receiver for repair. The cover was off so he could show me where the fuses went.. He also had a 5 pack of Radio Shack fuses and just one remained. He told me he changed the fuse four times and it blew immediately each time.

I asked him why he stopped at 4..

**I love it when they keep putting larger fuses in, so they don't blow.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yep.

I had a guy bring in a Thomson TX82 13" TV for a dead complaint. In it's fuse holder was a piece of copper tubing cut to fit a GMA fuse holder perfectly. Missing from the TV was in the mains input reactor filter coil. There were four burn marks where the posts used to be mounted to the board. I would love to know how big a bang this made when they plugged it in.