Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony SLV-780 Resurrecting The Beast

"I thought you said you had one just like it? "

I have, I think a 720 which uses the same mech and chipset. With the lack of information it is a learning tool, iused it to figure out a few things, like using only the record prevent switch and end sensors for the front loading mech. Nifty way they didit actually. Saved components and cost but still works. Wellit did.

"Not hardly. I have a 5000 sq ft shop full of "**** with wires."

Only the truly deserving get a one way trip to the dumpster. "

My yard was 3,500 sq ft. It wasn't all that nice and I abused it. The junk I had would have overloaded the dumpster for years. I had a junk room that got so full the (wood) floor broke through. What did I do ? I put more junk in it. the building wasn't long for this world anyway.

But I do not deem high end VCRs worthy of a trip to the dump. Some people still like them, use them, and others fix them.

What I need is a beta rewinder. I **** you not. I have an SLHFR60 and HFP100 hifi adapter and ;lots of old tapes, some of them camcorder tapes with memories on them. Same with the VHS.

More on it in my reply to Terry.