Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Casio Wave Captor radio controlled watch, WR50M

On 26/02/2018 21:26, Ian Field wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message
news
On 24/02/2018 13:25, wrote:
There will be a memory-keeping capacitor in there somewhere that is
going either faulty (age) or intermittent (cold solder). Either way,
replacing it will fix it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I'll bear that in mind, if I have to go inside.

So how old is the battery you haven't gone inside to replace?

There's a reset in there by shorting 2 test points - you usually have to
do that after replacing the battery.

Can't hurt to try that, and its a good excuse to put a new battery in
anyway.

Lithium coin cell shelf life is somewhere in the direction of 10yrs, but
mine uses the oddball CR1620, so who knows how long its been hanging on
the display rack.

I'll probably go in there later this week.
At the moment I'm checking it runs normal non-radio control for a few
days. Set it to London time yesterday, and did not engage RC!, at some
point it decided to move its time zone to New York time so 5 hours
behind. Pressing button C, brought it back to UK time, currently still
the "normal" slightly wavering correct UK time having passed thr a very
cold night