Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do they sell a gauge to measure Coaxial Power Connectors?

On Monday, 26 February 2018 14:00:58 UTC, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 02/24/2018 03:44 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 24 February 2018 08:25:21 UTC, Mike Coon wrote:
In article ,
says...

Do they sell a gauge to measure Coaxial Power Connectors?
AKA "barrel connectors".

I can get close using a ruler on the outer part of the plug, but those
pins inside are near impossible to measure.

There are so many variations of them too.

Someone must have some sort of gauge to measure them....

Sort of. I either use one of a set of matching sockets or small lengths
of fine tubing. Sockets are easier to measure using fine twist drills
which are typically sold in sets...

Mike.

outer dia: micrometer, drill bits, nails
inner dia: drill bits, small nails/pins,

NT

Sharp calipers are okay for both.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

calipers are good if the points are relatively sharp and they line up, neither was the case for the device linked to, nor is for most other cheapie vernier calipers.

NT