Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Do they sell a gauge to measure Coaxial Power Connectors?

On 2/25/2018 6:52 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 1:52:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Do they sell a gauge to measure Coaxial Power Connectors?
AKA "barrel connectors".

I can get close using a ruler on the outer part of the plug, but those
pins inside are near impossible to measure.

There are so many variations of them too.

Someone must have some sort of gauge to measure them....

I don't know how you'd measure after it went through a crimp-tool.

They make gauges, but you don't want to know how much they cost.

The hobby stores sell short lengths of brass tubing that are
sized to nest. Buy a foot-long section of each of the smaller
sizes.
They make excellent gauges for measuring plugs/sockets.
IN a pinch, two brass sections and some epoxy will make
any size plug you want.