Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Sony SLV-780 Resurrecting The Beast

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 8:26:44 AM UTC-5, N_Cook wrote:
On 24/02/2018 04:29, wrote:
I got the manual for the 690 or something. The mech is the same but the board is not. I am pretty sure it is an electronic problem at this point. The IC that handles this is IC 501 on the print and IC 201 on the board.

Any ideas at all on where to get the print for this particular board, or possibly an equivalent model ? System control is all I need, everything else seems to be fine.

All the years repairing VCRs, perhaps 200 units or so, I think only 2
were electronics problems, 1 a CCD display driver chip problem, and
another a large BGA chip problem that needed a push.
Are there indexing marks/arrows etc in the mechanism , in case its
jumped a tooth?

You were lucky. I'm still throwing out all sorts of worthless electronic parts from VCR days. Capstan drive ICs, reel end sensors, smps specific parts, system control parts etc. But we were doing a minimum of 50 per week including those from two pawn shops and several other dealers who only did belts, idler tires and head cleanings.