Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Casio Wave Captor radio controlled watch, WR50M

On 24/02/2018 15:37, N_Cook wrote:
On 24/02/2018 13:37, N_Cook wrote:
On 24/02/2018 13:25, wrote:
There will be a memory-keeping capacitor in there somewhere that is
going either faulty (age) or intermittent (cold solder). Either way,
replacing it will fix it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I'll bear that in mind, if I have to go inside.
At the moment I'll go with the business about button-D
on this thread
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gbv=1&ct=clnk

I'll snap back a sewing-pin , after pushing it into the D button to
wedge it out, and swathe in a dot of hotmelt glue.
Resetting the thing , before doing so , of course

Soldering iron against a sewing needle , bending while melting into the
button to force outwards, then a dot of hotmelt over, old-endsnippered
the excess.
Stayed proper time for 2 hours now, whether it stays un-reset for the
next week, the longest otherwise, we'll see.

It reset during the cold of the night, I'll wedge open the otther 3
buttons, JIC, then get inside 'when' it resets again.