Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast &slow, fast & slow?

On 2/23/2018 11:43 AM, ultred ragnusen wrote:
What mostly makes a small simple engine (such as the Honda GC 160 that runs
my pressure washer or the Honda engine that runs my lawnmower) "wheeze"
fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow while idling under no load?

Â* snipperoo

I'm asking about the physical reason for the idle speed varying cyclically.

Â* It's called surging , and it's caused most often by clogged fuel
passages in the idle circuit or an improperly adjusted idle mixture
screw . But mostly the former . .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on