Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Terry Schwartz Terry Schwartz is offline

Default Small transmitter antenna

It can be, this is a topic that of late is near and dear to my career.

Antennas are a science to themselves. Any piece of wire can be an antenna, but if you want efficiency and range, things get a *lot* more complicated quickly.

It's far too broad a topic to cover here, and there is plenty written about it on the web (not all of which is correct). It's safe to say that for your application, a hunk of wire is sufficient.

Terry

Thanks, Ralph, you have made my day.

I thought it was much more complicated than a piece of wire.

Gareth.