Posted to sci.electronics.repair
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Oreck XL Air Purifier Repair

Once upon a time on usenet FreeMan wrote:
Electronics are OK but the fan is super noisy on both my units.
Took it to the local Oreck dealer and they said no can fix.
These have the buttons on the top and have a silver removable cover to
access the filter.

But can it be fixed ? Bearings available ?

Amazon has new but it will not let me make a purchase based on my
location (Southern California). Why ?

Perhaps because of Californias strict air pollution laws? Maybe something
sold as an 'air purifier' in California has to do more than those units do?

Mere speculation.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

I have used the two I have for over 10 years but now cannot stand the
noise.