Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Recommendations orExperience with Delta Electronics DPS-310CD?

In article ,
says...

Hi

Update since posting.

Did not get an immediate response so went to Youtube and searched using diagnosis repair Delta Electronics DPS-310CD ATX power supplies got ~ 197 results. Then started watching the videos.

One thing mentioned was to wait a while for caps to discharge so decided to take plenty of time and waited until this morning to test.

First thing I did was to recheck all the caps for bulges or leaks. Found none. Also rechecked for burn marks on pc board and components. Also found none. Still was unable to identify anything that looked like a fuse. Would be nice to find a schematic for DPS-310CD. Have done some searching but to date have not found one.

Then decided to try starting. Followed the connect green and black wires of main power connector
http://www.instructables.com/id/Take...-for-computer/ to start and was surprised that green lite on PSU came on and got readings of 11.89V for yellow and black, and 5.15V for red and black wires of a
parallel HDD connector.

Am wondering if 11.89V for HDDs is too low? I do not have a scope to check the wave form but the readings were stable on my meter.

11.89 is fine for the 12 volt line.