Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Recommendations orExperience with Delta Electronics DPS-310CD?

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 09:15:02 -0800 (PST), KenO
wrote:

Eric,

"Recently I had a power supply in a computer that was going bad. It
wouldn't work properly until it was warm. I replaced it but before I
did I found that directing the warm air from a blow dryer through the
fan and warming the power supply would allow it to turn on. Once on it
would stay on."

Any ideas why it needed to be warm?

I was told by some folks here who know about this stuff that failing
electrolytic capacitors will sometimes work better once warm. They do
not need to be bulging to be bad or going bad.
Eric