Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Aleksandar Kuktin[_2_] Aleksandar Kuktin[_2_] is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

I just discovered I was using my old e-mail address when posting. This is
the correct one. The old still works, but is deprecated.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:38:31 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 2/16/18 7:16 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
There is also another one. DID and/or DOD. I remeber we needed to set
them properly, but that was for an all-VOIP instalation.
We use SIP, it carries metadata about the call, but maybe the analog
line also carries the same information, just in a different format?

An analog telco line does NOT include DID.
They rightly assume, "It's a physical line, there's a tag at the demarc
telling you what the number is (and always is.)

The way around that is DAHDI Configure DID.
You can assign a "fake" DID to an analog FXO port. This way the PBX
thinks an incoming call has "xxxx" for the DID and does the Inbound
Routes using the DID like it's supposed to.

I suppose if you have more than one incoming line and you pay extra for
a hunt group, you would assign all the incoming FXO ports the same
"fake" DID using the primary number DID.

Well, you are a bigger expert on this than I. ^^ I'm afraid I dumped most
of my internal knowledge, and from this point on I can only look at the
interface and try to figure out the solution.

check lines/channels - done
set up the dial plan - done
fix those DID/DOD things - done