Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Aleksandar Kuktin Aleksandar Kuktin is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 07:05:05 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 2/16/18 6:23 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
First, can the phones on the inside (16 analog + door) call each other?
If so, then at least you did something right.

Yes, I seem to have gotten that part right.
Internal to internal is working, the Ring Groups are working and I got
the door phone working.

Well, than you are in the finnish line.

It is ideal to have some kind of real-time logging to observe Asterisk
in operation.

Two methods. At the command line on the box (not the GUI)
asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv

YES! THAT! It was at the tip of my fingers. ^^

Anyway, once you've configured all the lines, you need to create a
proper dialplan.

I found one of the problems. Outbound Routes Silly me, 1 234 567 8901 is
an 11 digit number. Helps to have "11 digit"
in the dial plan.

Yes! Outbound Routes. There is also another one. DID and/or DOD. I remeber
we needed to set them properly, but that was for an all-VOIP instalation.
We use SIP, it carries metadata about the call, but maybe the analog line
also carries the same information, just in a different format?