Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

On 2/16/18 6:23 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:16:34 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

The whole Asterisk configuration act is brutal. It's probably an
elaborate test to find the Chosen One.

It would appear to be that way.

I'm not experienced enough to see the problem immediately, but here's
how I would debug.

First, can the phones on the inside (16 analog + door) call each other?
If so, then at least you did something right.

Yes, I seem to have gotten that part right.
Internal to internal is working, the Ring Groups are working and I got
the door phone working.

Second, make sure Asterisk sees all the lines. The outbound lines (two
from the phone company and the magic jack) probably need to be
configured as "trunk" lines.

I went thought the exercise again from scratch.
Step 1. DHADI configure DID. To assign a Direct Inward Dialing number to
each incoming line on an FXO port.

It is ideal to have some kind of real-time logging to observe Asterisk in
operation.

Two methods. At the command line on the box (not the GUI)
asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv /media/usb/call.text
or
cp /var/log/asterisk/full /media/usb/full.txt

Anyway, once you've configured all the lines, you need to create a proper
dialplan.

I found one of the problems. Outbound Routes
Silly me, 1 234 567 8901 is an 11 digit number. Helps to have "11 digit"
in the dial plan.

This is too generic, I know and I'm sorry about that - but I really don't
have a FreePBX before me now, and I can't remember the exact bits of the
FreePBX interface.

Don't apologize, all information is good.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0