Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

On 2/15/18 5:07 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
I'd skip the FXS ports, and just get VOIP stations.

That's all well and good, except the house is already wired with
CAT3 wiring. Only two of the extension locations have an RJ45
connection available, so VoIP isn't really an option.

Umm, yes, the whole purpose of FreePBX seems to be to sell Sangoma

phones and hosting. If you are not using Sangoma products, the
support is a bit less helpful.

Yes.

I wrote:
The problem I'm having is I can't dial out or receive incoming
calls.

Ouch, that is a fairly serious non-functioning situation.

Yeah, that "feature" is sort of important.

Oh, and there are a FEW things that cannot be done in the FreePBX
GUI system -- now, of course, I am not remembering what they were.

One of which was setting up the extensions_custom.conf file for the
door phone. And of course, figuring out how to get the right set of
commands to make it work.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0