Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Asterisk and FreePBX

On 2/14/18 2:44 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Anyone here running the Asterisk BX with the FreePBX GUI?

I don't know what BX is (Business Exchange??)

It's a typo because I make mistakes. ;-) I meant PBX.

Wow, the setup was BRUTAL, there's a LOT you have to figure
out the hard way.

The FreePBX forums are almost as brutal.

So, what did you want to know?

I want to replace my Panasonic 6x16 hybrid system.
Two copper lines from the phone company and a third line from a
Magic Jack. 16 analog extensions and a door phone.

I'm using the TDM2400P 24-port analog card. Four FXO inputs and
twenty FXS outputs. I managed to get the "internal" extensions
and the door phone, a Bogen ADP1, to work.

The door phone was a lot of laughs on the FreePBX forum.
"RTFM" and my favorite "Read the FreePBX Wiki."
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Door+Phones
Very useful.

The problem I'm having is I can't dial out or receive incoming
calls.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0