Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will Deoxit on a circuit board cause problems?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 17:23:02 -0800 (PST), wrote:

you've failed to answer the question. You told me to I learn
something I already know. How?

Think of it as a refresh cycle, as in dynamic RAM. If you don't use a
word, we tend to forget it. It should help you recall the correct
term, ummm... whatever it was, for an eye, ear, nose, and throat
doctor.

No-one ever said it would be useful, just that it would
reduce noise. And it does a bit.

I believer you may have misread the data sheet:
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2847/.f
"Shields Against Noise and RFI"
By implication and due to general lack of specifics and details,
methinks they are referring to RF noise, not audible acoustic noise.

If Deoxit really did reduce RF noise and RF interference, then it
would need to apply some kind of barrier. There are two general
types, absorptive and reflective. Unfortunately the data sheet also
mentions:
"Improves Conductivity"
which could be either absorptive or reflective, because human skin is
mildly conductive. Without further detail from Deoxit, I can't offer
a mechanism for how it might function to reduce RF noise and RF
interference.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558