Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Will Deoxit on a circuit board cause problems?

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 17:44:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, 10 February 2018 01:09:54 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:46:52 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 17:29:49 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Note the $150 for 7.4ml price tag for Deoxit Gold Pro GX3.
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2847/.f
"Shields Against Noise and RFI"
Ummm... right.

What? If you sprayed it in your ear it would shield you
against noise.

Ummm... It uses a brush or swap applicator (for maximum waste and
evaporation) and is not a spray. A Q-tip might be best for swabbing
in your ear. Let us know if it reduces the noise level and improves
the SNR (signal to noise ratio) in this newsgroup.

Well I'm not an earologist,

That would be an otolaryngologist:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otorhinolaryngology
Please add the word to your grammar, vocabulary, and spelling chequer.

but I presumed more would get on the eardrum if it were sprayed in,
hence the suggestion of sorts. And if some does, it's bound to
reduce noise, to some degree.

It might reduce the high end frequency response of the ear drum, but
the sensitivity to audible noise would likely be worse. Water, oil,
and presumably Deoxit are incompressible and thus transmitting sounds
and noise better than through compressible air. That's why we can
hear when submerged in water. Besides, I don't think the ultra
expensive Deoxit Pro GX3 is currently available in spray form. Since
every drop is valueable, a proper dispenser would be a blunt needle
tip bottle, not a brush or swab, and certainly not a wasteful spray.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558