Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can someone explain to me how you lose (and then find) a satellite?

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 02:47:47 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 12:17:37 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 21:23:59 -0800, ultred ragnusen
wrote:

Can someone explain to me how you lose (and then find) a satellite?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lost-in-space/

Sure. When funding runs out, the satellite gets lots.

Lost, you mean?

Yep. You have found a character transposition typographic error which
was not detected by my spelling chequer and was probably due me typing
with one hand while eating dinner at the computah desk. Thank you for
your concern and attention to detail. The world is now a better
place.

Incidentally, terrestrial space junk is valuable:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/fts/houston_spacejunk.html
...one "flown" engine bolt that was part of the space shuttle
Challenger is worth about $250. If it had never left a
launch pad, Gary estimates the same bolt might sell for
a more down-to-earth price of $20.
This is from 2006.

--
Jeff Liebermann