Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Adding RCBOs to Wyler Split Load CU

On 05/02/2018 18:01, Steve wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2018 17:11:32 +0000
John Rumm wrote:

On 05/02/2018 16:19, Steve wrote:

It can get interesting when the up and down circuits share a
neutral, generally on the landing light.

Yup, although that in itself is a fault that should be fixed since it
brings a shock risk all of its own.

Yeah, a Code 2 (page 14):

https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.or...ce-Guide-4.pdf

Often not discovered until you attempt to put the circuits on separate
RCDs.

From that link

"Minimal descriptions such as €˜poor, and
superficial statements such as €˜recommend a
rewire, are considered unacceptable as they do
not indicate the true condition of an
installation. It will often be necessary or
appropriate to explain the implications of an
electrical installation condition report in a
covering letter, for the benefit of recipients who
require additional advice and guidance about
their installation.
For example, where an installation has deteriorated
or been damaged to such an extent that its safe
serviceable life can reasonably be considered to be
at an end, a recommendation for renewal should be
made in a covering letter, giving adequate
supporting reasons. Reference to the covering letter
should be made in the report."

My MD went mad when I put on my EICR just one word and that word was
"****ed". I considered that to be a true and informative comment of the
electrical installation that the recipient could understand.

I was forced to rewrite the EICR.

My second EICR said "still ****ed and so dangerous that I am not
prepared to test it"

The final copy - rewritten by the secretary removed the word ****ed.

When the landlord saw the final report he asked me "so basically this
letter is saying the electrics are ****ed then?"

Always know your customer.

--

Adam