Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Doorbell randomly rings

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 8:36:51 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:
On 2/4/2018 9:14 PM, Rebecca Blaha wrote:
Ok doorbell started randomly ringing every so often and chime box buzzes
and
hums off and on (old house regular wired doorbell) so I figured the
button was
bad..,I went out and disconnected the button to make it stop until I can
purchase a new one and replace it only to find that it is still randomly
ringing and buzzing even with the doorbell disconnected please HELP now
I have
no idea what is causing it or how to fix it

I've seen that happen before. It was due to the cheaply made buttons
where the contacts loose (or never had) temper. I'd start there, but
others had good ideas too.

Obviously you didn't read the post.