Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default What is the shelf life of common adhesives?

I have used a two part epoxy since the middle 80s and I have kept it
10 years without degradation. The only down fall, but no way a deal
breaker, is it comes as two 4.5 oz toothpaste type tubes, after 10 years
it's bound to sprout a leak. I'm just careful how I squeeze and roll it
up. I brought a partially used package with me when I moved from
Michigan to Fl. in 1994, I used that and have bought two packages since
then. All that said, the manufacturer says 12 month shelf life. ( maybe
for NASA) The package I have now was manufactured 1-30-15 and still
works as new. I keep it in my climate controlled home
A little goes a long way, most of my repairs are 3/8" lines and then
that is to much, but easier to get equal amounts when squeezing and
eyeballing equal amounts.
I see 10 minute set advertised, I find it is quicker. Maybe I'm just
having so much fun time goes fast. :-)

It was originally called Araldite by Ciba-Geigy.
Now it is owned by Huntsman and is called Fastweld 10.
Here's a good explanation.
https://krayden.com/fastweld-10-ab/

Here's a seller. Not sure it is the best price.
http://www.skygeek.com/huntsman-fast...weld10kit.html

Here a couple dollars cheaper.
http://www.uscomposites.com/adhesives.html

I doubt your mileage will vary. :-)