Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Taper of Potentiometers

wrote:

-------------------------

Now I wonder what kind of taper is used in the pots in a graphic
equalizer. Double reverse anti-log or some bizarre **** like that ?

** The vast majority use standard, linear slider pots - which tend to crowd most of the dB adjustment range in the last 25-30% of their travel.

A few special types have a small dead band in the middle of the track accompanied by a centre detent.

I recall seeing just one, up market graphic that had sliders with symmetrical non-linear tracks to compensate for the end crowding effect and give a linear result.

..... Phil