Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom Biasi[_3_] Tom Biasi[_3_] is offline

Default Nichrome Wire Temperature for Cutting Sofa Cushion Foam?

On 1/26/2018 1:34 PM, wrote:
Hi,

I recently bought 18 gauge Nichrome wire for the purpose of cutting a
Sofa cushion foam in half (split the cushion foam, in effect make the
cushion half as thick). Length of wire I will heat is 3 feet (cushion is
almost 2 feet wide)

I have what I need to adjust the current from 1 to 12 amps. Also,
I have a chart for amps relating to temperature. Example: Apx. 6.5 amps for
600 degrees F. for 18 gauge Nichrome wire.

The only information I was unable to find was the recommended
temperature for cutting foam with this type of wire.

Thank You in advance, John

Why not just keep cranking until you get the desired results?