Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Harold Newton Harold Newton is offline

Default Could a T-Mobile repeater & femtocell be moved to a new location outside the Santa Cruz mountains?

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:58:50 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

"Everything"? How do they know Everything?
I disagree with Jeff L occasionally, but, he's never wrong.
As I recall, my AT&T Femtocell did have a GPS, and setup advice included
positioning it near a window if it didn't activate correctly.

I didn't have a problem activating it, so I don't know if it needs GPS
after a power failure, or IP change, etc.

Agreed that Jeff is usually on the money and that you have a point which is
that the femtocell comes with a GPS contraption, which you only use during
the initial setup.

You can see the stick-on GPS unit bottom right in the photo below.
https://u.cubeupload.com/RU3rGl.jpg

Why did they ask me to plug that GPS unit in *only* during setup?