Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Could a T-Mobile repeater & femtocell be moved to a new location outside the Santa Cruz mountains?

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 17:44:12 +0000 (UTC), Harold Newton
wrote:

Theoretical question:
Q: How would T-Mobile *know* if I *moved* the femtocell and/or repeater to
a different location altogether than my own house?

You do the grunt work this time. Dig into the instructions for the
Femtocell box and see if it has a GPS inside. If it's not clear, grab
the FCCID and look it up on the FCCID site. If it has a GPS, T-Mobile
will know where you're located. Whether they do anything about a
change in location is unknown. I've moved a Verizon femtocell box
about 50 miles without any problems. However, that was inside Verizon
territory. If you move your T-Mobile femtocell to some location where
T-Mobile doesn't claim to have service, I have not idea if they will
thank you for improving their footprint, disconnect your service, or
something in between. Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D