Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Taper of Potentiometers

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 7:21:20 AM UTC-5, Mike Coon wrote:

Multiples of 1000 are written "k" not "K". There is an erroneous belief
that capital multipliers are 1 and lower case means divisors. This rule
works OK except for 1000...

As already noted, there are almost as many codes as makers. In my (very) old Centerlab Catalog, I did find references to W-Taper pots, but nothing conclusive at all on K or k taper as a specific reference.

With the additional hint of this being a slider, further googling got me to drill bits, but nothing on pots, linear or rotary.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA