Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Harold Newton Harold Newton is offline

Default Could a T-Mobile repeater & femtocell be moved to a new location outside the Santa Cruz mountains?

On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 17:55:24 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I laid a logic trap and you stepped into it with both feet.

I am responding *kindly* and *gently* in response to your insults, which I
will ignore completely because I gain nothing of value by embarrassing you
in front of everyone.

I just want the answer to the basic technical question of how T-Mobile
would know the *location* of the cellular repeater unless the repeater
somehow tells the cellular tower that its signal is being "repeated" by the
repeater.

a) A local cell device connects your cell phone to your isp.

I think you may have accidentally inadvertently misunderstood the question.

The ISP is not involved in the least.
The cellular repeater works completely *outside* the ISP.

HINT: These devices are *completely different* in functionality.
https://u.cubeupload.com/RU3rGl.jpg

The ISP is *not* involved with the repeater. Period.

NOT A TOWER.

It seems you accidentally inadvertently misunderstood the question.

Again... Please read what I wrote.

The TOWER *is* involved with the cellular repeater.
The ISP is *not* involved with the cellular repeater.

HINT: Nobody is talking about the femtocell wired to the router.

Gee, how could highly educated person of average intelligence miss that?

I'm not sure why me being educated and yet still of average intelligence
upsets you so much.

Anyway, ignoring the untoward insults from you, I just hope that you
realize this thread isn't a contest of who is smarter than whom.

OK. You're smarter. I have no problem admitting that.

In fact, Jeff Liebermann is far smarter than both of us, combined.

I don't care who is smarter. I really don't.
I just care about the answer to the question.

It's OK if you don't know what a cellular repeater is, and it's even ok
that you don't know the answer to the question in the last post.

But please don't try to insult someone like me simply because *you* want to
feel smug - as it doesn't add any value to the conversation.

a. It doesn't help me.
b. It doesn't help anyone else.
c. And it's certainly not becoming of you.

b) Your ISP is unique to you.
Much as each cell tower is unique.
And why I laid such a broad hint given the fact that you are
looking for validation of a pre-conceived notion, not of actual facts.

Once you slow down, and stop trying to prove an intellectual mastery over
me, who is only of average intelligence, you will realize (if you read what
I wrote and that which you are responding), that I asked you a question
about the cellular repeater.

I didn't ask the question about the femtocell.

1. I asked if the repeater works the way I said it did, and,
2. I asked you *how* T-Mobile would know *where* that repeater was.

It's perfectly fine if you do not know the answer to those questions, but
it's really not becoming for you to intimate you "laid a trap" when you
don't even seem to understand the questions.

Really. I'm trying to be as gentle with you as I can. I am.

Making your IP address unique. T-Mobile is entirely aware of this.

Let's repeat that nobody ever said otherwise.

You appear to be talking about the femtocell - which ties to the ISP -
which absolutely nobody disputed. Ever.

The question you are responding to wasn't about the femtocell.
The question was about the repeater.

Please read the post you are responding to again.
Maybe one more time after that.

If, after that, you still don't understand the difference, that's fine.

But please don't immediately resort to insults merely because you don't
know the difference so you misunderstood the question.

It's OK that you misunderstood the question.
The only thing I care about is the *answer* to the question.

Do you know the answer to the question in the post you're responding to?
If so, please let us all know.

c) The moment that your *CELL* is reporting to a different ISP...

The ISP is not involved in the least with a *repeater* (aka booster).

Look at these pictures. They're *not* all the same device!
https://u.cubeupload.com/sSOph0.jpg

Until you understand the difference between a repeater and a femtocell, you
won't be able to help anyone.

You writing untoward self-serving insults isn't helping anyone either.

the IP address connected to your phone will be DIFFERENT.

We're talking "cellular" signal, where there is no IP address involved.
There "is" a carrier-derived IP address for data, but that's different.

My ISP is completely out of the loop with this cellular repeater.
Until you understand that, you won't be able to help anyone.

T-Mobile will know this, also instantly.

Yes. We *always* said the femtocell is tied to the router which is tied to
your ISP which is tied to an IP address.

Nobody *ever* said otherwise.

We aren't asking about the femtocell; we're *clearly* asking about the
cellular repeater (aka the cellular booster).

Your cell phone is unique.

Yup. IMEI.

When you are able to make the most basic connections to how
things actually work as compared to your desire to game the system,
you might be a happier person.

I'll be nice again, and just say you might want to reconsider that
statement in light of the facts presented very clearly to you above.

As it is, you are the slime that the cleaning help removes when
bleaching the toilet - and about as useful.

Again. I'll be nice in saying that your remarks are untoward, and therefore
I will merely ignore the insults.

If you enjoy being shown for the waste-of-air that you are,
keep right on posting. Otherwise, go away.

Again, I'll be nice in just asking you to re-read the post you are
responding to, and if you know the answer to the question posed, then
please let us all know.

If you do not know the answer to the question, or if (as it seems) you
don't even *understand* the question - it's best for all concerned
(including yourself) if you refrain from posting in this thread again.

Thanks! And good luck. I wish you the best.

I just wish *someone* (a) understands the question, and (b) knows the
answer to the question.

--
BTW, you acted *exactly* like Snit did in this rather humorous video:
https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo