Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Harold Newton Harold Newton is offline

Default Could a T-Mobile repeater & femtocell be moved to a new location outside the Santa Cruz mountains?

THEORETICAL question (not a legal question!):

Given there are *huge* gains to be made in cellular signal strength...
https://u.cubeupload.com/RUsTGy.jpg

Q: Would T-Mobile *know* if I *moved* the femtocell and/or repeater to a
different location altogether than my own house?
https://u.cubeupload.com/RU3rGl.jpg

I live in the Santa Cruz mountains, where all cellular carrier signal
sucks, and I have a big house ... hence, my cellular carrier, T-Mobile,
provides me a free femtocell, and since my Internet comes from about 5
miles away over the air via WISP from another mountain, T-Mobile also gave
me a free cellular repeater.

Here's a picture of the repeater and femtocell:
https://u.cubeupload.com/sSOph0.jpg

Here is a picture of just one of my many access points inside my house:
https://u.cubeupload.com/EZvpx3.jpg

Given that there is unquestionably a *huge* signal strength advantage:
https://u.cubeupload.com/jqV5cR.jpg

The question came up in another discussion by "The Real Bev" whether the
repeater or femtocell can "realistically" be "moved" to a second or third
location.
https://u.cubeupload.com/RLxLv5.jpg

Ignoring the legality, since, as I recall, T-Mobile made me agree verbally
over the phone that I would inform them if I move them, and knowing that
the output of both transformers are 12VDC at 1.5 and 2.0 Amps, the question
is *theoretical* only!
https://u.cubeupload.com/RJ3cs6.jpg

Theoretical question:
Q: How would T-Mobile *know* if I *moved* the femtocell and/or repeater to
a different location altogether than my own house?