Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
Harold Newton Harold Newton is offline

Default The smartest thing Apple ever did is to offer the cheap batteries

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 03:19:56 +-0000 (UTC), Harry Newton wrote:

"We will tell someone we're reducing your performance ...and if you
don't want [reduced performance], you can turn it off."

"Apple should be required to preserve that data and produce it to
Plaintiff+IBk-s counsel," said Levitt in a statement.

"Levitt says he filed the injunction... which charges Apple deceived
many of its customers into buying brand new iPhones by rolling out
its iOS throttling software, causing them material financial damages."

"Apple has a policy of getting rid of batteries it pulls out of phones,
and we want the diagnostics. We want to make sure everything is
preserved" he said."

Notice the implication that Apple is quietly *destroying* the evidence in
the class action lawsuit cases, by swapping out the defective batteries and
not preserving them.

Nobody should ever say Apple Marketing is stupid!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/01/16/those-old-iphone-batteries-suing-lawyer-wants-apple-keep-them/1037770001/