Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
Harry Newton Harry Newton is offline

Default The smartest thing Apple ever did is to offer the cheap batteries

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 05:26:43 +0000 (UTC), Harold Newton wrote:

You'll never hear me ever say Apple Marketing is stupid.

Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Power Management Feature in Older iPhones Will Be
Able to Be Turned Off in Future Update
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/17/tim-cook-on-iphone-battery-controversy/

"Previously there was no clear notice that it would cause devices
to operate slowly."

"Cook says Apple will also allow customers to turn off the power
management feature ... first in a developer release that happens
next month."

"We will tell someone we're reducing your performance ...and if you
don't want [reduced performance], you can turn it off."