Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Computer mouse switch going bad

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 22:04:27 UTC, wrote:
"One other thing, I still use DOS, a USB mouse or keyboard wont work on

Dos. "

LMGTFY "usb support for DOS"

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.nU3IRUVc5rs

I agree about 98SE. Lost alot going to XP but 98SE would no longrer connect and the phone support would not walk me through a manual setup for the router/switch/MODEM. I said "What, did my money expire ?".

But one thing I miss is being able to confine a file search. I have this music library and to search that I had saved a search named "*.*" but within the music directory. You could put in any word from the artist or title and get results in milliseconds. Well XP won't do that and any search goes through something like five hard drives every time. Now Vista, I can't even figure out how to get the thing to search for a file.

Also, I manually did my "SendTo" menu you get on a right click. You create a shortcut and move it in there. Then you can send a file to any of your image editors, or a movie or music to any of your players, without changing the file association or going through its dialog box. I also liked the fact that the old style media player would allow multiple instances so files that I had downloaded could be compared and only the best one kept. Now, I have an old version of VLC or something that does that. Might be Irfanview not sure.

I got into the Sendto in Vista but as an administrator. I couldn't get in at all on Win 7. What do you mean access denied ? Whose PC is this anyway ?

Anyway, the government is not the one who will force your upgrade to the dumpster, it will be software manufacturers.

The easiest way to find files on any PC is to maintain a plain text list of everyfile & its location, and update that now & then. There's a windows utility called LS that creates such lists, conveniently named to cause confusion with linux.

98 usb support was mostly fixed by nusb3.1 3rd party patch.

NT